Attached please find our flier for Pre-Enrollment for Seniors 65 and old on a fixed income.
This will allow WACOG to apply $800.00 towards client’s electric bill. Our goal is to have our seniors not to choose between eating, medical prescriptions or paying their electric bill.
If you have any questions about this program. Please call Christina Pfleiderer at 928-377-1069.
Thank you for all your help.
Patty Kelly, Case Manager II
Direct Line 928.377.4932 / Fax 928.753.7038
February 2019 WACOG February Calendar
12/29/18 NORTHERN AZ VETERANS UPWARD BOUND (VUB)
Northern AZ Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is funded by the Department of Education to help veterans who want to enroll in academic and/or technical classes. We are stationed at Yavapai College in Prescott but serve most of the northern AZ region – Mohave, Coconino, Navajo, and Yavapai counties. Our services are free to eligible veterans and include:
• Pre-College Advising: information about accessing benefits and help determining which college, university or technical school for a chosen field.
• English and Writing Essentials: Instruction in understanding and developing spelling, reading and writing skills.
• Introduction to Mathematics: Review of basic arithmetic skills and introduction to algebra, geometric shapes, formulas and the metric system.
• Advanced Math/Pre-Calculus: Take that next step in preparing for engineering and higher level math courses.
• Computer Basics: Introduction to computer hardware, software and Internet use.
• Survey of Lab Sciences: Learn concepts of scientific investigation, classifying organisms, analyzing data, conducting experiments and basic lab procedures.
• Community & College Resource Referrals: Connecting veterans with programs and services designed to support their success in college.
To be eligible, veterans must have served at least 181 days and had any discharge other than dishonorable. Our priority includes veterans who are low-income (based on the federal guidelines) and/or who are first-generation college students. Interested veterans can learn more and apply online at WWW.YC.EDU/VUB.
12/4/18 WACOG DECEMBER CALENDAR
11/1/18 WACOG NOVEMBER CALENDAR
9/26/18 WACOG OCTOBER CALENDAR
Because there are so many questions regarding the Mission Act, I’d like to share with you some information on accessing community care. This information will be helpful when your constituents have questions and concerns about community care.
Recently, a Veteran wrote into us that as soon as the Mission Act was signed, he went out and sought care on his own through the community. This care was NOT authorized and the Veteran ended up with a $4,000 bill that through Congressional law the VA is unable to pay. Please help us fill the knowledge/information gaps related to community care. It’s imperative.
9/1/18 WACOG SEPTEMBER CALENDAR
7/15/18 NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR AGING CARE
7/15/18 FISCAL TIGER
7/9/18 HEARING LOSS
The following resource lists are updated. Click on the links to open the pages.